Search This Blog

Monday, February 25, 2019

Fortune Cookie Writing

"You will obtain your goal if you maintain your course." My new Writer's Block friend, Tad, gave out story starters in the form of fortune cookie sayings. Mine was very telling as I have struggled to write consistently. Putting thoughts together is work, hard work...I hate hard.
Anyway, the word in this fortune that popped is if. To obtain my goal to finish the book I started three years ago, I have a course to maintain. Just what the heck is my course. Sometimes all I see in my mind is an overgrown, rutted trail disappearing up the hill and around a corner. Then when I make it around the corner, a fork in the road appears with hard decisions. Or maybe it's the snowy, monochrome winter that seems never to end as I look out my window.

My course, maybe your course too, has many hills, ruts, corners, and unseen finishes. Faith to see the unseen puts flight to all our ifs. Faith in God's plan for this book and this writer levels the hills, fills the ruts, straightens the corner and gives me renewed hope to see the finish line. 

Would you share with me your hard courses and the faith you have to stay the course?  I would love to hear from my readers.

On my way down the trail,
Nancy B

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would you comment on this story? I promise to read every word and respond! Thanks from the bottom of my heart.